Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cookbooks for a Cause


A sweet friend from Dallas, Becky, is putting together a cookbook with some of the proceeds going to the Prestonwood Pregnancy Center. I sent out an email to several people about purchasing one...but PLEASE let me know if you would like to order one. All the recipes are pretty much from young women and moms (i think). I gave several to Becky to include.

Do you want one? Let me know ASAP!

Also - here is the email from Becky to give you a little more info -

A while ago, several of us decided that we should get some friends and family together to create a cookbook from our own recipe collections. So we went on the hunt for our best recipes. I have news for you ladies, at my last count, I have over 250 recipes! I'm amazed at how wonderful they all are and I've already been testing some of them out - especially the crock pot ones!!

I'm hoping to be done with my first draft tonight, and then start the grueling spell check process! Then it's time to order!!!

It looks like the cookbook will end up costing us about $13 each. ALL of the proceeds of the cookbooks - a little over $5 of EACH cookbook - will be going to the Prestonwood Pregnancy Center. Specifically, it will be going to fund more locations for the Mobile Sonogram Units that are a new ministry they began this year. This new ministry of the Pregnancy Center currently has 7 locations and they're looking to expand it to 10. It's basically an RV that has been equipped with sonogram machines and stations. They use it to minister to people where they're at. Where they work, where they live - wherever they are - it's easier for them to get a sonogram there than coming into the Center. They told me that the number of salvations are signiicantly higher in the mobile unit than it has been in the center. PLUS, the number of women who choose LIFE are significantly more.

If you want to read about it a little more, you can visit their website:

http://www.communitymobilesonogram.com/index.htm

The cover and back will be in color and laminated. I've attached the cover as well, so you can get an idea of what it's going to look like. It will be spiral bound and there will be color dividers for each section.

Please let me know how many you want. If you live far away, I'd be happy to mail them to you!

P.S. Thanks to Kristin Dysart for providing the title and the saying on the back, and to my sister for designing our cover!!!

8 comments:

Becky said...

YOU ARE AWESOME. ENOUGH SAID.

Becky said...

ALSO.... The MORE we order, the less it costs to print... SO THE MORE we will have for the Pregnancy Center!!!!

Sarah & Jordan said...

T... I want one. Number one this is going to a great cause. Number two I am slightly obsessed with cookbooks. Love them. Miss you! Once the price is finalized let me know and I'll send you a check. Love!

Traci said...

I'll buy one, Terri! Just let me know how to order & pay!

Blissfully Enamored said...

i am so super excited about my cookbook! i will try to post something on my blog about it! hopefully the more the word gets out...then more will be ordered! i have ALMOST 200 blog viewers...so I would assume some would get sold!!!! :)

check out the little award i left you on my blog!

Terri said...

Traci - I put you down. Will you be a church Sunday?

Chrisanna said...

Terri,I would love one. email me at chrisannac@yahoo.com for money and address.
Chrisanna "Collinsworth" Looney

Anonymous said...

i without a doubt adore all your posting taste, very unique.
don't give up as well as keep posting due to the fact it simply nicely to follow it.
looking forward to browse through more of your writing, thanks!