I am not sure any birthday could be any better than yesterday was! Thank you to all my my sweet family & friends for making it so special!
Chuck and I decided before Knox was born that we wanted to go all out for birthdays! It is the only day all year long that is all about "you". I like that we have decided to let Christmas be Jesus' birthday celebration and have that as the focus....but boy - when birthdays come...The Flannagans do it right. It was no different today!!!
Chuck and lil man spoiled me with some great things this year! Here are some highlights from my day...
First - I woke up to this.
Lucky me!
Then I opened all my presents from Chuck & Lil' Man
Shoes, clothes, gift cards for more clothes, magazine subscription, lush bathproducts, apron...THANKS BABE!!!
These shirts below are SOOOOOOO cute! I am a t-shirt person at heart, but love to find ones with a little flair - behold Annettes Touch of Class clothes (you too will become obsessed!)
My parents & in-laws didn't disappoint either. My mom gave me a new pandora charm and scarf and I got gardening goodies and money for fabric from my MIL. And a little searcy (that is what we call a fun and PERFECT goodie) from Jeni - an ADORABLE and bright little dress / cover-up for this summer.
Then we went to CINCO for some Mexican grub. MMM. (Please encourage me to not be embarrassed about asking people to take pictures of me and my family when we go places!! I always have tons of lil' man, but none of all three of us!)
I got the afternoon "off" to go run errands...by myself! That was a birthday present in itself. So off to Whole Foods I went...AND finally picked up this -
Lil' Man's 16x24 canvas of our favorite newborn pic. About time right? But, better late than never and I will cherish this forever (and hope to get one for any other babies we may have).

Chuck knows the way to my birthday heart - homemade Cherry Cheese Pie.
To top my day off...I spent the evening with some of my best girlfriends watching - you guessed it - that Bachelor finale. We had so much fun and they even got me a little cake (surrounded by girl scout cookies).
I am blessed. Only 364 days until the next one...WOOHOOO! (jk - ok, not really!)
4 comments:
Im soo glad you had a fantastic birthday!! I am really big with birthdays too but my hubby is not. We only really go all out for Christmas I guess. I wish he would for my birthday though (it makes you feel special).
Happy Birthday again babe. You deserved a good one =)
Seriously don't be embarrased! if you go to restaurants or stores, that is what waiters and salespeople are for! just walk up and say, would you mind taking our pic? sure you have to stalk some people, but usually they understand because they have been in your shoes!
YOU CAN DO IT!
oooh... also, what brett and I do because we have no children and people are less sympathetic to us we get a tripod... you don't have to ask and even though it may be a little silly in some spots, it still is awesome to tripod up and use the auto timer! definitely a great accessory!
(But it is not better than my favorite accessory: shoes)
Happy Birthday Sweetheart!
You are such a special friend!
Love you! Xoxo
Post a Comment