Monday, March 22, 2010

Sew What?!

While my mom was in town last week she taught me how to sew...on the sewing machine that my MIL gave me for Christmas. I really just want to have the ability to make curtains, pillows, hem stuff....

SO - I tackled some pillows on Saturday night since Chuck was gone! I'm so happy with the result...

I made slipcovers for the pillows! They were REALLy easy!! The hardest part was picking out the fabric. Nope wait - the hardest part was doing the pillow with the pom poms - hopefully that will get easier!
Below is a picture of the backs so you can see how they are slipcovers...
Close up!
See how easy it was to get them in? Just slip in the slot!
I think this one is my favorite as it has two fabrics AND the pom poms on the edges. This one was tough and has the most imperfections, but I don't think anyone will ever notice them!
If I can sew...you can too!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

They look great! I've had a sewing machine sitting in my garage for a few years now that my mother-in-law gave me. I used to know how to sew, but I've forgotten. I was thinking about signing up for some classes at JoAnn's. Anyways, they look fab!

Bon

Cstargel said...

that is one thing in life that I'd LOVE to know how to do! I don't even own a sewing machine!!! I can't even hardly sew a button on! Very proud of you and congrats on the house!

Amanda said...

I am like a proud Momma! They look FABULOUS!!! The thing about sewing is that most people don't notice the imperfections. But once you do something, you know where you went wrong and right and you can build on that learning experience! Your new house is going to be fully couture with decor!

Mateya said...

Hi! I am a new follower...you have a beautiful family...Knox is such a cutie!