Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ahhh...what a feeling!!!

What an amazing moment this morning - I must share with my amigas (as many of you may be able to celebrate this moment with me).

About two weeks ago I was feeling pretty good about myself. I mean - when you go from being 9 months preggers to 2 weeks after your baby is born...there is a BIG difference! So on that morning two weeks ago I decided to try on some of my old shorts / pants. CLEARLY they would fit right? When I looked in the mirror, I "thought" I looked so thin. Note to self and others - DON'T GO TRYING ON CLOTHES two weeks after a baby. It will only result in disappointment.

However, this morning I decided to go through all the tubs under our beds and organize / clean out some clothes. I decided to once again try on some pants / shorts. I decided to go with some jeans from college first. THEY FIT and fit pretty good...(note: I was a size or two bigger in college than I have been in 3 years!). So, I decided to take the plunge and try on my favorite jeans and my skinny jeans. Did they button? YES!!! Would I wear them out yet?? NO!! But, what an amazing feeling that they button.

Can you relate? Ahhh...it's a good feeling to know that my beloved clothes will fit again and one day soon I can actually wear them in public :)

5 comments:

Becky said...

I cried when I could button up my "skinny jeans". Jeff did too - because he couldn't believe how happy I was. Granted, it was 4 months after I had the baby - but I cried! I also cried when I hit my pre-pregnancy weight which was about two months ago. :) It took me a little longer, but I got there!!! Congratulations!

Jennifer said...

Yay Terri! That's so exciting!
It is such a good feeling to get back into your normal clothes! I remember taking a picture of myself in my regular jeans and texting it to my mom, Jill and Julee. Haha!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

I definitely had the same rude awakening 2 weeks after labor but yes I also had that amazing feeling about 6 weeks later of "thank god I can fit into my regular cloths" It all goes away slowly but surely:)

Emily Blackwell said...

I'm totally feeling you! Pre-baby jeans still won't button [I gained a little more than you did during pregnancy] but they're close! Such a great feeling...there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Knox is too cute. Adelle sleeps with one hand up by her face, too! Glad things are going well for ya'll.

Hillary Hull said...

YAY Terri! I actually WORE my pre-preggers jeans to church yesterday!!!!!! And I loved every minute of it! They were definitely a little tight - but oh my goodness - worth every second I had them on! What a feeling!