Thursday, July 9, 2009

How I spent my last day...

Tori, Kyndall and Sterling (sis & nieces) pampered and played with me all morning. We got mani's and pedi's and then spent several hours shopping and spending quality time together. I am so blessed that Tori and I have become close over the past few years. We really have a special relationship and I am so lucky. She is being SO attentive to me...almost to the point of annoyance - but she is going to be the best at taking care of me post surgery and baby the next few days!
We also got our house professionally cleaned today! WOW! I can't get too spoiled, but our house smells and looks amazing! I mean, my sink looks brand new....I love Ana!

Chuck and I went on our last date night tonight - or at least for a while without feeling like we need to call and check on lil' bit - to South City Kitchen. Why did I pick there for my last meal you might ask? Fried Chicken and Macaroni and Cheese - enough said. I was tempted to go get a hot dog from Barkers, but I will wait until I get home from the hospital for that.




Everyone has asked how I am doing today. Well, let me say that I have been great until about 1pm today when I realized I am 24 hours away from my life never being the same.

I can't believe that God chose me and has entrusted me with the most amazing responsibility and blessing...to be a mom.

I can't wait to look into my little ones eyes and know that it grew inside me for 9 (let's be honest...10) months.

I can't wait to feel a love like I never have before.

I can't wait to look at my husband and see him hold our child.

I can't wait to share our good news with all of our supportive family and friends.

I can't wait to just know that feeling that everyone talks about. All I have ever wanted was to be a mommy and I can't believe it is finally happening.

I am blessed, honored, humbled and thankful to my Lord and Savior for making every step of this possible. I pray that God gives me the wisdom to make choices for our family that make us examples to others.

Here we go...a new adventure in the Flannagans life! See you tomorrow where I can finally introduce our lil bit!!!

8 comments:

Cstargel said...

I'm so excited and will be praying for you tomorrow!!!

Kim said...

I am excited for you and your new addition! You are going to be an amazing mom, I am sure of it! Best wishes to you tomorrow as you welcome the little one to the family : )

Jennifer said...

Being a mom is the most incredible gift and most amazing experience ever. You life is about to change in the best way possible. I hope your day is perfect tomorrow. There is NOTHING like welcoming your precious child into the world. I might cry thinking about it. Love you and praying for you!

Jen McCrady said...

YAY! so excited for you!

Jayne said...

Your in our prayers today! We are so excited for you! You will be an amazing Mom! :):)

The Doose's said...

Excited for you guys today! Can't wait to finally see the little flannagan!

Cara Beth said...

Awwe, I'm so excited! Can't wait to see pics!

Hillary Hull said...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAITING FOR PIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hollie's pix on twitter did not suffice! :)