I've been wanting to participate in Kelly's Korner "Show us your LIFE" every Friday for a while and I'm diving right in this week. If you don't follow Kelly's blog - you should! She happens to be an OBU alum, which of course I love, but she also is a great writer and quite entertaining. She blogs about everything - check it out and click on the link above.
Today is SHOW US YOUR WEDDING PARTY AND FLOWERS!
We had a big wedding party as neither Chuck or I wanted to leave any of our precious friends out. My only regret is my sisters & sister-in-law weren't bridesmaids. However, it worked out perfect because they were my "wing-girls" and took complete care of me that day like they always do! Thanks Tori & Jeni!!!! I loved the bridesmaids dresses I picked out - very simple and hopefully will never look too out of date when I look back on the pictures. Clearly, they won't ever be worn again by my friends, but do you ever think you will wear any of the dresses you wear in weddings?!

This picture below is my ABSOLUTE favorite picture from the wedding of my friends and I! Everyone who sees it compliments how beautiful my amigas are! Seriously - I have beautiful friends...I am so lucky that their hearts are just a beautiful! I love each of you dearly! I have 3 more of them to marry off!! Who will be next ?!

My neices and nephew were my flower girls and ring bearer! They are so cute and photogenic, but 3 1/2 years later - SO MUCH MORE GROWN UP THAN THIS!!!
Sadly, I don't have any great pictures of my flowers, but all I wanted was my favorite flowers, hydrangeas & calla lillies. My bridesmaids didn't carry flowers - they carried rose bowls with tea candles in them! It was beautiful during a night wedding and they were able to keep they crystal rose bowls after the wedding. The picture below is one of my favorites as well and captures my emotion on the wedding day - I was just so giddy! You can also see my bouquet well in this picture.And I must mention my music. I had two songs sung in my wedding that I LOVED! The friend that introduced Chuck and I sand a song as my bridesmaids walked down the aisle - How Could I Ask For More by Cindy Morgan. There is a line in the song that deeply touches my heart - "There are questions without answers and flames that never die - heartaches we go through are only blessing in disguise". Powerful huh?! And so true that every relationship we go through prepares us for marriage! And then my best friend sang - When Love Takes You In by Steven Curtis Chapman - check it out. This one is amazing...just google the lyrics and you will know why!
So fun re-living my wedding! 3 1/2 years and now a baby! Just living the dream!




3 comments:
BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!! your wedding looked beautiful. I like your idea of the bridesmaids not carrying flowers...I can imagine how pretty that looked!!
SO beautiful! You are soo cute! Love your colors and the church was amazing!
~Amanda
Oh you were a beautiful bride and your friends are SO pretty - I love their dresses and love the idea of rose bowls! How unique!
I wanted "How can I ask for more" sung at my wedding at one point and then forgot about it and this year I heard it and just cried and cried because I love that song so much and it's so true!
Post a Comment