Thursday, July 23, 2009

Week Two...

What a fun week it has been, especially with my mom here! We have gone out almost everyday and some little adventure or another! I am so lucky to have a mom with time to give. She has been a complete servant - doing all my laundry (all millions of loads I feel like somehow we have done), washing dishes (by hand), dusting my house, mopping my floors, going on many grocery / CVS runs...and even cooking Chuck and I's favorite, CHICKEN FRIED STEAK - YUM! Thanks, Mimi - I will never EVER forget this time we have shared!
Mimi babysat for us on Monday night so we could go on a nice date to celebrate our new bundle of joy! We went to Stoney River for a great dinner - including BLUE CHEESE CHIPS which I wanted the whole time I was pregnant, but couldn't have. I had a glass of champagne and they even gave us a free dessert for our celebration! I can't believe how much more in love with my husband I am. Thank you for always kissing me first babe!
Knox has learned all about two of my favorite foods / restaurants this week. First, I took him to lunch at BARKERS hot dogs (shocker! I know!).

We also went to Five Guys Burgers & Fries for a hamburger - yummy!
We had some more visitors this week! The Leonards came by to see Knox and play for a little bit. They have been such amazing friends to us over the years and we are finally able to share being parents with them!! Katie made my favorite dinner...mmm!!!
Katie came by too meet Mr. Knox too and brought us an AMAZING dessert! Somehow I seem to have a few plate fulls a day - thanks a lot Katie - you are not helping get off the baby weight!
And Uncle Meigs was in town for business and got to come see his nephew! Unfortunately he came on Monday when we went on our date, but he spent some QT with Mimi and Knox. Knox was very happy to meet the rest of the Miller family!
I must share a funny...funny story from this week! Chuck left for the first time this week to go down to Columbus for work while my mom was here to help me. Well, it was a crazy 24 hours! Thank goodness I wasn't by myself! I had told my mom that Knox projectile pooped on Chuck and I when we were changing him when she had run to the store once. She did not believe in such! So...the morning Chuck was gone, my mom was changing his diaper and low and behold, projectile poop came shooting out and went about 3 feet...splattering ALL OVER MY ROCKER and pillow! REALLY??! Dude, this little man has some strong intestines! My mom and I laughed so hard and could barely get another diaper on him.

Then we decided that best way to pass the time while I nursed was to play games (applications) on her iphone and my itouch. How we are so addicted to this retarted chocolate making time management game, I have no idea. Somehow after I would feed, Knox would get put on the couch beside us as we would continue to play for quite a while. My mom finally had to take our phones and hide them because of our addiction. Sad.

To top it off, at the 6am feeding the next morning - I woke up to the power being completely off in the area. Please, someone tell me how you get your baby up, go to the bathroom, change a diaper, get settled for feeding - ALL WHILE THE POWER IS OFF! Again, thank the Lord my mom was in town! We feed by candlelight.

Thanks for keeping up with our adventure and journey - I have such an angel (even though he is a CRAZY pooper!)

15 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love being able to keep up with this journey of baby Knox. The poop story is hilarious!! I'm sure he will thank you someday. :)

Blissfully Enamored said...

keep posting pictures! i am LOVING getting to see him all the way from Texas!! I keep wanting to call you but i know you are SO busy!! i love you and i hope you are doing SO great!

Becky said...

What a cutie pie! When should we expect a visit to Big D? I LOVE that Chuck kisses you first... Jeff always seems to make that a priority and I love him all the more for it!!

Jen McCrady said...

he is so precious!

Cara Beth said...

OMG! I shouldn't be surprised but seriously, he's sooo freakin cute! I know you and your mom have had so much fun! What a blessing she must be to you! I have enjoyed reading all about little Knox~ I'm so happy for y'all! Congrats!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Glad things are going well. He is adorable!

Tori Miller said...

Oh he misses me !!! I love you guys and misss you!!!

Julee said...

Thanks for the update! I love hearing about him even if its about his bowels! HA! He is such a pretty baby. I love his hair. I am so proud of you for getting out and I know you are loving your momma being there. Fill us in on your move and how all that is going to work! Have a great weekend!!

Sarah & Jordan said...

Haha! That projectile pooping is hilarious! Love love love that pic where his hand is by his face and he is all curled up sleeping! So glad Mimi has been able to spend this time with ya'll!

Jessica said...

I laughed out loud at your poop story and trying to imagine your face!! Keep posting pictures, we are all going to watch him grow up even though we are all so far away!

lukeandlaurawoodard said...

Knox is absolutly precious! I'm so happy for ya'll!! Keep posting pictures!!

Kim said...

You look amazing right after having little Knox. You are so blessed with your family and friends being there for you and Chuck. I hope your move, when it happens goes smoothly and that your new friendships you will find will be just as amazing for you. I love how Chuck kisses you first....that is an amazing husband! Congrats!

The Dixon Family said...

Wow! I cannot believe how much you have gotten out- you are making me feel like a hermit! He is SO cute, I cannot wait to see him again and Riordan is anxious to meet his new buddy:)

Jill Thurman said...

Andy and I would like to bring you guys dinner sometime when you don't have other help. We can't wait to meet Know. It looks like you are getting out a lot. If you want some advice about the projectile poop - McKinley had the same problem when she was his age.

Leslie Duffield said...

Knox is so precious! Congratulations, I'm so happy for yall.