Sunday, August 2, 2009

Week Three

We had another great week last week! I've already shared some pics from the week, but here are some highlights:
  • We went to see my doc, Dr. Garcia - and I got the O.K. to drive after only two weeks!! and I can start slowly exercising, lifting things other than Knox and much more! My incision is healing great AND we definitely know that the blood immune disorder (thrombocytopenia) was pregnancy induced! YAY!
  • We went back to the pediatrician this week due to "severe diaper rash" - the remedy you ask? - Lotrimin AF - men's athlete foot cream. It's so sad - the first layer of skin is gone in a few spots and the doctor said it could be an uphill battle for a few weeks. So far he hasn't been upset at all, it is more painful for me I think!
  • Knox has started a nightly routine - bath time in the big bath!! He LOVES bath time (as long as you keep a cup of warm water pouring over him).
  • Knox had a BIG shopping week. I introduced him to Old Navy, the mall and TARGET of course! He seemed to enjoy shopping with me. I need to enjoy the ease of getting out with him while I can!
  • And of course what would this week be like without mentioning the new food I introduced little man to. We went to FLIP burger on Friday - mmmmm. If you live in Atlanta and haven't been...it is a MUST! I had the Southern Fried Burger and my favorite part of the meal...a Burnt Marshmellow & Nutella Milkshake. This place is NO JOKE! Gourmet burgers and milkshakes. Does life get any better? I think not!
So we are officially in week 4 of life for Mr. Knox. He will celebrate 1 month of being a part of our lives on Friday. I think I may have to steal Jennifer F.'s idea of doing a cake and little celebration on his monthly birthday this whole year! It has been so fun to see Brody next to all his cool cakes. I just wish I had a Ricks here...but McEntyre's bakery is so good too!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. This was our last week of "skipping church". I can't tell you how bad I miss Vinings Lake Church and am so excited to go back this Sunday. Hopefully it won't be too long before I can sing with the band again! My Sundays just aren't complete without worship at VL.

I leave you with this picture from week 3...this is what we call BED HEAD!!!! Wow, does this boy have some hair!

4 comments:

Blissfully Enamored said...

clearly he gets that bed head from his momma!!!! :)

i am so glad that you have had another great week with the knoxster! :)

Jennifer said...

Yay for week 4! That's crazy though, because I feel like he should not already be close to a month old! What a precious picture!
Oh, and do the cakes! You will love it!

Ben, Jenny, Hudson and Sawyer said...

Hey Terri! I LOVE Knox's hair - he's such a cute little guy. I just wanted to let you know that we had lots of problems with severe diaper rash with Sawyer and we managed to find an amazing cure that was really cheap and really easy. You might want to give it a try if he gets it again. Mix up some egg whites with an electric mixer and when they get stiff put them on his bum. Put a diaper on him and wait an hour or two before wiping them off. The protein in the whites will help the skin heal. I know it sounds really bizarre, but it works well.

Cara Beth said...

Congrats on four great weeks! I love the monthly cake idea too!