Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Our little Knox...


Knox Major Flannagan
July 10, 2009
2:05pm
7 lb, 4 oz , 20 3/4" long

What an amazing 4 days it has been! We can't believe that little Knox if finally here and that have a BOY! I am SOOOO excited about being a mommy to a little boy.

Friday morning went a lot faster than I thought. We got to the hospital a little before 11am and spent 2 1/2 hours in the pre-op room. We were pushed back an hour from 1pm to 2pm, but at 1:30 they were ready for us and off we went. I was not nervous until the moment I was laying on the table in the operating room. That was SURREAL! Dr. Garcia was a rockstar and let Chuck come into the op room which does not normally happen during a c-section with general anesthesia. Everything went so quick and before I knew it I was in the recovery room and was able to see the first bath. We were told I would not wake up for probably an hour, but my anesthesiologist kicked butt and I didn't miss a thing (although I don't remember much now). After 2 long hours we were able to go up to our room and get settled. We had a RIDICULOUS corner room in the hospital!! Thank goodness we had a big one because we had so many family and friends come and visit and it was great to have room for everyone!

I appreciate everyone's prayers and support during my recovery. Your prayers were defintely heard because my recovery has gone very smooth and been fairly quick! Knox has also done amazing. He sleeps soundly and we have to wake him up every three hours to eat....then he just falls back asleep. I couldn't ask for anything more. We'll see how the next few weeks go...I may be off to a lucky start...and I am not taking this time for granted as I know it won't always be this easy!

Due to the speedy recovery, we were able to go home after three nights! The drive home was 15 minutes Chuck and I will never forget. We spent the first half of the drive in shock and the second half in prayer! It was very special.

So now we are home adjusting to life as a family of three. This whole experience is more amazing than I ever imagined it could be. Thank you to all of our family and friends who came and saw us in the hospital and have been taking such good care of us. And thank you to our family and friends who are bringing us food and coming to visit us at home! We are SOOOO lucky to know such loving and giving people!

Enjoy the pictures below. We have taken over 300 since little man was born and I'm sure we will only be taking millions more!











21 comments:

Jon and Doty said...

We love Knox! Blessings with your new baby boy and congrats again!

Meggers1021 said...

Wow! He is precious!!

Julee said...

oh Terri! He is absolutely perfect! You just look so freaking good too for just having a baby. You should be very proud of yourself. I can't wait to see more pics and hopefully get to meet Knox before he gets too big! Hope this first week goes great and he continues to sleep well! I will continue to think and pray for y'all!!!

Jen McCrady said...

GREAT pictures Terri!! congratulations!

Jennifer said...

He is precious! I'm so glad everything went so well. You look FABULOUS! Hope you continue to recover quickly. Thanks for updating!

Hillary Hull said...

TERRRRRRRI! KNOX IS SOOOOO PERFECT! I AM SO HAPPY FOR Y'ALL! XOXOXOXO

Katie Spinks said...

congrats he is a cutie and I like his name!! continue to pray things keep going smoothly

Sarah & Jordan said...

Love love love the pics! He is so sweet! You do look great! Keep taking care of yourself! Thanks for calling me! I know you are busy but it was soooo good to hear from you! Love you Chuck and Knox!!!!!!!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Congrats!! Very cute and precious! enjoy, they grow up to fast:)

Amy said...

Precious! Congrats Terri!

-Amy Patterson

Christy said...

I'm so glad everything went so well at the hospital! Y'all have been in our prayers :) We'll continue keeping you in our thoughts as these first days/weeks go by!! Can't wait to meet little Knox. He even makes the Tennessee orange T look cute :)

Blissfully Enamored said...

i just cannot get over little knox!! he is just so stinking cute!!! i am soooo happy for you and chuck (and belle...of course!) and i know that Knox is going to be an amazing little boy!!!

LOVE you!!!

The Holmans said...

Congrats Flannagans!!! Knox is just adorable!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Congrats on your new addition to the family!!

Julie and Scott Cooper said...

Congratulations! I have enjoyed keeping up with ya'll through your blog, and we are so excited about your new arrival! Knox is so cute! Terri, you look fabulous! I hope you first week at home goes very smoothly. parenthood is awesome!

Jessica said...

I love looking at your precious pictures!! You two are absolutely glowing! He is so cute!! I hope we can all come and visit soon and meet little Knox! Been thinking of you! Love you all!

The Jaspers said...

Congratulations! You have a beautiful baby boy!! I am so glad to hear everything went wonderfully during and after your delivery! And now you are at home with your sweet lil' man!!! How fun! I love the picture of you kissing him...priceless!!!

Katie said...

Terri, hello! My name is Katie, and Jennifer told me before you had Knox that you were having a C-section with general anesthesia.

I am also doing this for several reasons and am glad to know everything went smoothly!

My surgery date is set for August 20th unless the LORD brings her sooner.

Knox is precious, and I'm glad you are all adjusting well!

Katie said...

Precious blessing! I have tears! So beautiful!!

Unknown said...

We're so excited for you guys, what a blessing! Knox is just precious!

Anonymous said...

lovely tight little ass and already lubed for me